• 1/2 cup of quinoa
• 1 cup of water to cook quinoa
• 1 tsp of ghee (clarified butter) or olive oil
• 1 tbsp with a mix of: Cumin, Ginger, Fenugreek and Turmeric in equal parts
• 1 carrot, grated
• 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
• 1 cup of paneer (Indian cheese) or ricotta, minced
• 1/3 cup of fresh parsley, minced
• 1 tbsp of almond paste*
• 2 tbsp of whole rice flour
• salt to taste
*Almond paste: Let almonds soaked in distilled water for 4 h, wash it and puree in a blender with water. The ratio is 1 cup of blanched almonds to half cup of mineral water.
Wash quinoa thoroughly, add water and bring to a boil. Simmer on low flame for 20 minutes, and then cool.
Heat the ghee in a pan, add the Vata spices, almond paste, carrot, celery and sauté over low heat until tender. In a bowl mix well the sautéed mixture, quinoa, panner, parsley and flour. Season with salt.
Shape the mixture into burgers and fry them in a bit of ghee on both sides until they are Golden brown. (it is not a deep fry dish. You will use just a bit of ghee). You also can bake the burgers in oven.
Note: It is indicated to balance Vata Dosha