Winter is the season when the Dosha (body type) Vata (ether / air) increases in most people. This can result in dry, lifeless and more sensitive skin, hair and lips.
Check out our beauty tips to keep Vata in balance and prevent problems related to excess of air and cold:
• Avoid exposure to cold wind and low temperatures. Wear soft clothes and warm up, always protecting hands, feet, neck, ears and head. Use natural lip protector; a light layer of ghee (purified butter oil) is excellent and natural.
• Protect facial skin from cold wind and heat.
- The TEMPTING HOT BATH
Although it is delightful bathing in hot water during winter, use only warm water to prevent drying of skin and hair.
• Use a small amount (1 teaspoon) of Ghee or extra virgin olive oil in food preparations. It is important to moisturize and lubricate all internal tissues too, and also drink water and herbal teas, not only using creams or lotions on the skin. Healthy skin reflects a healthy body, which is free of toxins. It is important to adopted a healthy life style and diet, besides using creams and masks.
• Intestines should work regularly for maintaining general health.
• Avoid skin and hair cosmetics containing chemicals, as they are much more sensitive in winter.
• Keep a quiet lifestyle and avoid physical and mental stress, nicotine and alcohol.
• Practice breathing and exercise regularly to keep emotions and mind in balance.
• Keeping the digestive fire (Jataragni) balanced is always very important, especially in winter when the cold most affects the body. Ayurveda recommends eating a small piece of fresh ginger with 2 drops of lemon juice and salt pinches before meals. This activates the salivary glands and produces the necessary enzymes, to help the body to absorbe the nutrients. Also prefer cooked and warm food and drinks, and avoid raw foods and ice cream.
Here are some tips, so you can enjoy natural beauty in winter and all seasons. Ayurveda considers, first of all, the beauty that is cultivated by the good habits, which reflects on outer beauty.
Read HERE + on ideal lifestyle for winter